The Galactic Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abbidon... the lonely planet.

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 4 Empty Re: Abbidon... the lonely planet.

Post by Idahria 6th February 2015, 12:57 am

Queseon was surprised at himself. Maybe... Maybe he'd concentrated too much? Probably. He couldn't have done that. He regained his composure and landed on the surface with a faint tap.

He knew it was natural for Astelle to hover, but it was only for a bit, and worked better when they were underwater. The only Astelle he knew could fly for long was his father. Maybe he was using the Force as well?

"My father can fly, too!" he smiled, "So... Maybe he uses the Force as well? But... He's never told me about it. If that's true, then he can be a Jedi as well, right?"

With that he strengthened his hope that the vision earlier would not happen. He was told to let go of his attachments, but he really did love his father. He was truly only thinking up a reason so that he wouldn't have to leave his father's side. Gaeran indeed used the Force, but everyone was always assuming that he had been blessed by Noelani at birth, considering the rune-like symbol on his forehead.

The rest of Telera's story made Queseon feel down. He tilted his head at the sight of tears, then imagine what it would be like to be kept in an eternal hell. The Prince compared that situation to himself being separated from his father as now. It wasn't very nice. The thought that Telera was indeed gone also made him feel bad. He thought for while that her death on the ship was a sort of cover. Now it turns out that it wasn't.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 5th February 2015, 2:59 pm

Telera opened her eyes and saw Queseon struggling mid-air to return to the ground and then completely lost it. Telera was now laughing so hard tears were rolling down her face as Queseon continued to struggle.

"Queseon.." she struggled to talk through the laughing, "you... got yourself... up there... now get yourself... down!"

(after Queseon returned to the ground...)

"You did well for your first attempt, not many are able to influence their own bodies like that using the Force because the talent for that is extremely rare... only one in ten million Force users can do such a thing, even I was unable to achieve this feat. With enough practice it could become possible for you to fly using the Force. For some reason, no human has been able to do this and these gifts have only been found in other sentient races. There are also semi-sentient creatures in the Origin Galaxy known as 'Bouncers' that use the Force for flight. They are green fury creatures shaped like spheres, they have no mouth or ears but they have eyes and communicate using the Force. They are amazing creatures, unfortunately I've never known the name of the planet from whence they came. On their planet a great Sith war ended with the destruction of the Brotherhood of Darkness which was led by Lord Kahn of the Sith.

"The Sith in that time numbered in the millions and the Jedi were nearly overwhelmed and defeated. But it was on the Bouncer planet that Lord Hoth of the Jedi turned the tide of battle. The Sith were led to slaughter buy a Sith known as Darth Bane. Darth Bane told Lord Kahn of a great power that would destroy the Jedi in one strike. This weapon is known as the 'Thought Bomb.' The Sith meditated in a cave and gathered their power as Lord Kahn's forces advanced on them, the bomb detonated... it destroyed the souls of everyone within it's shockwave. So many were lost forever, denied passage into the Force and trapped in an eternal hell of pure fear and anguish. To this day, those souls are still trapped with no hope of escape." Telera was beginning to tear up, "It pains me to speak of such things but part of your training is to understand the history of the Jedi. You will receive numerous such history lessons. You should also know the name of my master, your 'Grand Master' so to say. His was known as Jedi Master Rahm Kota, ironically he was a member of the same rebellion my father was fighting to destroy when he was only but a Commander in the Imperial Navy. He taught me the same way I am teaching you, after death. I may look like flesh and blood but I am not, I learned how to manifest myself in this form solely because I don't like the whole blue ghost deal from before... much too gloomy for my taste."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

http://thegalacticempire.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 5th February 2015, 5:20 am

Queseon quietly returned in front of Telera. She seemed to know where he was even though her eyes were shut. He settled down in the same position that she was in and listened intently.

He stared at her a moment, then at the pebble. He needed to concentrate, so he did. His crest folded back as he closed his eyes to begin. The Prince's breath slowed greatly until it looked as though he were in a deep sleep. He didn't need to move his hands or make gestures for the pebble to move. It was lifted several inches off of Telera's palm, spinning slowly in the air. But Queseon heard something faint from behind him and lost focus. The pebble fell to the ground, throwing up some dust.

"Oh dear!" his hands flew to his mouth. His face was red with embarrassment. "I'm sorry..."

Then, just to make sure, he glances back. Nothing. Just the wind. He snapped a finger and shook his head. He was so close to getting it to move towards himself. Yes, he had been intending to move the pebble into his lap. But Telera didn't react just yet. That was when he noticed that he, seated, was being lifted off the ground himself! Immediately, he fell into a mild panic, stretching his jelly-like body and grasping for the floor.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 3rd February 2015, 9:09 am

Telera had not moved, her eyes closed the entire time Queseon completed the exercise. "Now Padawan, try to move this rock without touching it." She held a rock in her hand, pebble sized. "Sit as I do with your legs crossed, eyes closed and face me." She waited for him to get in position. "Visualize the pebble in your mind. Feel it's texture, it is smooth and cold. Picture the Force as an extension of your body, like it is a thousand unseen limbs. They are yours to control, you only have to open your mind to the possibility that you have no limits. Concentrate on moving the rock, concentrate, concentrate."

What Queseon doesn't notice is...:
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 3rd February 2015, 8:08 am

Perhaps he shouldn't have asked, as now he was being asked to exercise. It sounded difficult, but he started off, anyway. No questions. He was young, but being an Astelle, need not exert as much effort as a human did. His push-ups were fast, but after around 102, he paused, but continued again. Eventually, he reached 400, counting all the way. And he only lost count once. Immediately after, he sprung off his feet and began running, but he didn't know if he was to do that on fours or on two legs.

By the time he was finished running from the boulder to the ship, he was exhausted, dark blue shades rippled all over his face. He almost collapsed, but supported himself on his arms. He looked back to Telera, eyes flickering, wondering what else he needed to do.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 3rd February 2015, 5:55 am

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. There are trillions upon trillions of life forms in this galaxy and all of them deserve our protection and guidance. To hold one's home world more dear than the rest of this vast galaxy is selfish, and selfishness has no place in the Jedi mind. I cannot tell you HOW to let go of your attachments, that is for you to figure out on your own. You are still young in the Force, I do not expect you to let go right away. It will be some time before you are strong enough to do so, unless you prove me wrong and do it sooner. For now, stop meditating and give me four hundred push-ups. When I tell you to remain silent, you should seriously do so. After the four hundred push-ups you will run back and forth between the ship and that rock way over there," she pointed towards a medium sized boulder in the distance... far away, "and you will do that thirty times. Begin." She finished as she opened her eyes.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 3rd February 2015, 3:09 am

Queseon shook his head vigorously, calming himself down. He wanted to help keep the balance in the Force. But in order to do so effectively, he had to let go. But he didn't want to. His father needed him, and he needed his father. His advices were always right, and he always stood up for his son. Queseon wasn't going to let him down. But how was he to become a Jedi? He wanted to help people, yet at the same time couldn't bring himself to remove his attachment from his father, who he had known from the day he was born.

He did as he was told, closing his eyes and let the happy memories flood in. There were so many, and the bad memories so few that they had become vague. Queseon had a life many other people could only wish for. Wars never happened on Idahria. There was no disease. Not many problems aside from the land-dwellers and the sea predators. Idahria was just so... Pure.

"How do I do it, Master?" asked Queseon, opening his eyes a moment. "Idahria, my father, my brothers and sisters. They've given me so much... I simply can't let it all go. But I can't allow this Dark Force to corrupt it, either."

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 2nd February 2015, 10:53 am

Telera turned to face Queseon, she was smiling as she placed her hands on either side of Queseon's face. Her hands were warm and she smelled sweet, as though she had been lying in a field of flowers recently. He could feel a sort of warm electricity flowing from her hands, a sort of energy was emanating from her.

"Queseon, I saw what you saw and I know the pain you felt all too well. What you saw is not a premonition, it was a warning about your father of things that could be. Even now you doubt yourself and your mission here, you think about your father and his expectations far too much for a Jedi. The reason you had such a painful vision was because of your lack of mental discipline. The ability to control one's thoughts is absolutely necessary if you are to become a Jedi. You have great love for your father and for your people, you are attached to them. Attachment leads to loss, loss leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering. You must let go of your feelings, or else you will spiral down the path to the Dark Side. Once you've fallen to the Dark Side you become a slave to its purpose of evil and pursuit of greater power. You must rid yourself of attachment, your father, Idahria, the Astelle... your attachment for them will be not only your downfall but the downfall of all civilized society. I fear what would happen should you turn to the Dark Side of the Force." She removed her hands from Queseon's head. "Also, you should call me Master from this point on. From here on your training begins, the path to the Jedi is not an easy one. Every part of your being will be strengthened and tested constantly, this process has claimed the lives of countless Padawans. As someone training to be a Jedi, you are a Padawan and I am your Master. The day will come when you too are a Jedi Master, for now.. you are the last of the Jedi of the Old Order but you are also the first of a new order of Jedi. The Jedi have always been champions of justice and good, we guard the peace between worlds." Telera closed her eyes. "Now do as I say. The first thing you must do, is calm yourself. Control your breathing, force your breath to enter and exit your body slowly. Once you have calmed your breathing you must calm your mind. Think of happy moments in your life, these give you strength. Now, open your mind to the Force, welcome it in. The Force is our ally and not a tool or a pawn to be used. The Force is alive with the minds of everyone past, present and future. It binds us all together, giving us strength in one-another. Now relax, close your eyes and be still. This is how the Jedi meditate and open their minds to new possibilities, it also allows us to control our visions so we do not feel the fear and pain that you did. After you have learned to control your thoughts, visoions will only come to you when you meditate. Visions are rare, so don't expect to see too many of them."
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 2nd February 2015, 1:03 am

The pain was real. Did everything go sour so quickly? Did he make the right decision by wanting to become a Jedi? Why had his father allowed his own son to be slaughtered?

Queseon pushed himself up onto his elbows. He was out of breath and couldn't speak. Quite like when that snow predator from Iodrillon attacked him. He kept glancing over at Telera, his eyes filled with tears, speechless. It took a while for him to regain composure, trying over and over to speak, but all that came out was an exhausted wheeze. After about three minutes of trying, he stopped and broke down, crying. Telera had told him how such visions could tell the future, and that frightened him. What if what he had witnessed... With his father, and those Astelle... What if it was to come true?

But then again, it could also be a kind of deception, a lesson, or simply a warning. Queseon attempted to sit up again, but sagged. He looked up at Telera, sniffling loudly and leaning against his elbows. He had been curled up into a ball as he screamed and pleaded.

"It was awful..." he began, imitating Telera's position and wrapping his arms around himself. "I was chained, and tried... By my own father. Murdered by my own brothers and sisters. They made fun of me... And then they killed me. My father... He just... He just watched..."

Then, he looked up, lower lip trembling. "That isn't going to happen, is it?.." he shook his head. "My father wouldn't..."

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 31st January 2015, 11:40 am

Without hesitation the Sith plunged their Light Sabers into Queseon's body, pain surged through him as his innards were first punctured by the plasma blades and then immediately cauterized. The smell of burnt flesh was enough to make anyone vomit, they continued to slice away at Queseon while they laughed until everything went black again.
---

Queseon awoke exactly where he had been what seemed like a few minutes ago. His ship was still wrecked but the invisible people, the Sith, the bloody Telera and his father were nowhere to be seen. He noticed suddenly that the real Telera was sitting next to him cross legged on the ground. She no longer looked like a 'ghost.' She seemed to be in the flesh once again, as if her death had never happened.

"What did you see Queseon? What vision has the Force given you?" She spoke in a caring tone. "You have been laying here screaming for several hours, it must have been very difficult to see. Jedi and Sith sometimes have visions, these visions can foretell the future, deceive us, teach us a lesson or to warn us. They can come at anytime and in any place, experienced Jedi can remain functional in the outside world while at the same time reviewing a vision. Now tell me Padawan, what have you seen?"
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 31st January 2015, 8:44 am

Prince Queseon finally reached his destination. Abbidon. From where he was it looked awful. But he couldn't question orders. That thought was always on his mind as he pushed on. He began to regret however that moment the ship lurched and began turning slowly to its side. Queseon tried to pull the ship back so the nose was faced forward, but he couldn't. The control panel and navigation panel both burst when he tried to change something. What was happening now? Was he really going to die?

Queseon woke sometime later feeling doozy, slightly in pain. After realizing that someone had dragged him out of his ship, he sat up and stared at the wrecked cruiser. He finally noticed the words engraved in Sheridanian, but of course, couldn't read them. At hearing Telera's voice, he scanned the area carefully and stood up to follow, ignoring the strange sounds. He continued to follow the cloaked figure, eager to find out what he needed to do. He was frightened. More than he'd ever been. More than when he'd come face to face with that Kre'tohn.

He was relieved when Telera began to turn in his direction, but his expression quickly changed. He took a step back and kept the screams out of his head but couldn't stop it. He fell unconscious and woke up elsewhere. He had been shackled and was standing before his father. Tearfully, he forced himself forward, but stopped short at hearing his father denounce him. He started to cry and jumped forward again, but was stopped by some other Astelle with a red laser weapon.

They continued taunting him, and he simply fell onto his knees, shaking his head in denial. His father sat there, indifferent to the abuse his son was going through. It couldn't be. There was no way that was his father. It was impossible. He looked up one last time in the Emperor's direction, but he still didn't respond. The Sith then jumped at Queseon for the kill. The Prince closed his eyes, unable to move. Even if he could, he would never hurt anyone, even if they were the enemy. His father had raised him against it. What was wrong with him?

"Father..." he whimpered, falling onto his side and sobbing loudly. "I want to go home... I'm sorry..."

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactic Empire 31st January 2015, 6:59 am

Several days of space flight later...
--

Queseon's ship was finally on its final approach towards the planet Abbidon, uncharted and unpopulated, it had sat untouched for decades... and before that it was millennia. It was the only terrestrial planet in the Abbidon system, the remaining planets were gas giants or were uninhabitable since they were far too close to the sun. As Queseon entered the atmosphere he felt as though something had grabbed his ship, he was now uncontrollably careening towards the surface. His control panel sparked as fuses died and processors melted, his system display was steadily dying the closer he got to the planet... but he no longer had the power left in the ship's core to escape Abbidon's gravitational pull. He was going to crash.

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 4 Desert_planet

Several hours later, Queseon awoke to find himself laying on the ground face-first. Behind him, his starship was in pieces. For the most part it was still intact but it would take an entire repair crew and a dry dock to get it flying again. There was a trail in the dirt between him and the ship and by the looks of it he had been dragged from the wreckage.

In the sky there were four stars, Abbidon had four stars orbiting each other at it's center, making the solar system more volatile than most. The plains of dried, cracked dirt stretched on as far as the eye could see.

"Queseon." Telera's voice came softly from the surrounding desert. Something moved out of the corner of Queseon's eye, something black. Queseon could hear movement around him, as if he were surrounded by people he could not see.

"This way, hurry." Telera's voice sounded again, only this time Queseon could see her figure walking away from him into the desert. She was dressed in a tan tunic and a dark brown robe was draped over her shoulders. Her hair was lifted by the wind as it blew calmly past her, she turned and looked back towards Queseon. Her eyes were missing, only black holes streaming with blood remained. Her mouth opened and she began to scream. The sound pierced Queseon's ear drums and they began to bleed. The invisible people around him were now laughing hysterically as he clamped his hands to his ears.

Everything went black, he was now in a pitch black room. An extremely bright light clicked on above his head, blinding him. He was now in shackles standing in an Idahrian court. He was dressed n a tan tunic and brown robes, a Light Saber like Telera's hung from his belt. Across from him sat his father in the judge's chair.

"You are a traitor!" Emperor Gearan yelled as he waved his fist at Queseon. "Rebel scum has no place in my family, especially a filthy Jedi!" Several Idahrians approached Queseon, all brandishing red Light Sabers. Queseon's shackles fell to the floor.

"You're weak Queseon, you couldn't lead a band of children across the street!" One Sith yelled to him.

"Queseon the fool, that's what history will remember you as. Left behind glory and power to become a prissy Jedi!" Another Sith taunted as he spat in Queseon's direction.

The Sith now pounced on Queseon at once, swinging their weapons towards his vital organs.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Idahria 31st January 2015, 3:14 am

As he had taken off, Queseon felt no more need to return to Gagra. He was wondering if this was one order he could question. Frowning, he let go of the navigation stick and looked around the cockpit.

"But I don't need food..." he said, "As long as there's heat, I should be fine."

He watched Telera's finger touch the starmap to his left with interest, wondering how it was that she was around after she had died. His mother died a long time ago, but he hadn't ever seen her again. Was it something that humans could do and Astelle couldn't? Queseon would have to study this someday. It probably had a lot to do with this Force. Maybe with it he could see his mother again.

Queseon had no questions, except maybe if there was anything else he might have forgotten. He thought quietly about what exactly he'd encounter on this dead planet besides that crashed starship.
Were there monsters where he was going? Queseon gulped at the thought. He truly didn't want to encounter anything more terrifying than that Kre'tohn from Iodrillon. Not even Idahrian predators were that scary.

For some reason, Queseon was regretting not having told his father directly of where he was going. It was because he was worried that if his father had known he was going somewhere else, there would be a whole battalion of Imperial Guard following him around. It was either that, or he wouldn't be allowed to leave at all. Even still, he loved his father and would have to apologize about this when he returned home after his training.

Idahria
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 4 Empty Abbidon... the lonely planet.

Post by The Galactic Empire 27th January 2015, 4:35 pm

Abbidon... the lonely planet. - Page 4 V10

There it lay in the sand, the ruins of a Klingon Dreadnought Carrier shot down during the Imperial Acquisition (which was the largest and most effective military campaign in recent Imperial history)... but that was decades ago. The remains of the crew had long been recovered by their people. Nowhere else in the galaxy could you find a more peaceful planet, sure it was hot and had two suns.. but nothing on the surface moved and not a sound was made. Abbidon was isolated, uncharted, it had no natural resources, no population and not a signle interesting thing about it. Abbidon had actually been discovered several times but neither time was it deemed significant enough to put on a map. The lonely planet would soon have a visitor for the first time in forty years... a Jedi Padawan and crowned Prince of Idahria.
The Galactic Empire
The Galactic Empire
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4